Easy To Make Chocolate Strawberry Apple Tart for all occasions
I love tarts be it any flavour or texture or shape. Ever since I acquired the interest for cooking and baking, I also started preparing tarts. Chocolate is my most favourite flavour hence I bake chocolate cakes or cookies or prepare chocolate tarts more often. Whenever I bake a cake or cookies or make a dessert, after tasting a bit, I then share the rest with adults and children in the neighbourhood, Ola & Uber drivers, my office colleagues et cetera.
A true story that I experienced in London
In 2010, while I was living in an apartment in Canary Wharf, London, during Christmas, there was a couple who baked cupcakes, tarts, muffins and cakes and placed them on a table at the entrance of our apartment for people to pick one to eat. For 3 days, very happily, I kept eating these desserts. On the fourth day, I placed a note on the very table and asked “Would you like to tell us your name and if we could meet?.” On the next day, we received a note that said “We are sorry, we can not disclose our details. But, should you need anything in particular to eat, please let us know.” Then, I responded by asking for a cupcake. And the very next day, there was a cupcake. Such a sweet gesture by this couple.
I thanked them and along with that note, I left a bowl of Indian sweets. In 2 days, we received a note asking for flour as their stock was possibly over. So, I purchased a packet of flour. Soon Christmas came, and we all celebrated with immense joy. But, I still do not know who those wonderful people were. They never expected anything in return but all they did was spread love through their desserts. Presently, after many years, I do this without any expectation. It gives me heaps of joy and happiness by seeing people happy.
I got inspiration from the following video to prepare this easy no bake tart.
- Makes about 10-12 servings
- 32 (330g) Oreo cookies
- 1/2 cup (110g) butter, melted
- Chocolate Filling
- 7 oz (200g) milk chocolate —> I used Dark Chocolate instead
- 3.5 oz (100g) bittersweet chocolate —> I passed this ingredient
- 7 oz (200 ml) heavy cream
- 10 oz (300g) fresh strawberries
- 1 Apple – chopped
- chopped nuts (almonds, pistachios, etc), optional —> You can add whatever you like. Sometimes, I use hazelnut besides dry fruits.
- Place oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form. Add melted butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Process until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of a rectangular 5×14 inch (12 x 36 cm) tart pan. Freeze until you prepare the filling, just for few minutes.
- In a small saucepan, place cream over medium-low heat for a few minutes to get hot. No boiling or simmering needed. Remove from heat, pour over chopped chocolate and let rest for 1-2 minutes. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour chocolate filling over oreo crust, and top with fresh strawberries.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before serving.
Here are some really nice looking tarts from people across the World.
So what are your favourite tarts? And do you have a recipe of your own? Feel free to share yours in the comments below.